Massage Therapy School Austin TX
Get the Skills to Be a Professional Massage Therapist
6 Month* Hands-On Massage Therapy Program at Avenue Five Institute
Imagine having the knowledge and skill to help others improve their health, relieve pain, reduce stress and recover quicker from injury.
If you’re an intuitive person interested in health and wellness and you’re looking for a rewarding career that fits your lifestyle – you owe it to yourself to take the leap and explore your future in massage therapy.
Next Program Start Dates
- Mar 2ndMassage Therapy Part Time (evening): Massage Therapy Part Time (evening) Avenue Five Institute (North Austin, Texas) 8620 Burnet Rd #300 Austin TX USA 78757
- Mar 2ndMassage Therapy Full Time: Massage Therapy Full Time Avenue Five Institute (North Austin, Texas) 8620 Burnet Rd #300 Austin TX USA 78757
The best way to see if Avenue Five Institute is the right fit for you is to come in and tour the school. You can check out our facilities, observe students and instructors, or even book a service in our Student Salon and Spa. Schedule a Personal Tour now or Get more info.
Become a Qualified Massage Therapist
Avenue Five Institute’s unique 750-hour Advanced Massage Therapy Program provides comprehensive training, hands-on experience, and industry support it takes to pursue a successful career helping others in less than 1 year.*
In collaboration with national massage leaders, industry experts, and local employers, Avenue Five Institute has developed a truly advanced massage curriculum designed to prepare therapists for today’s modern and ever-changing bodywork field. Learning at Avenue Five Institute is active and led by expert massage professionals with years of experience working in the field. You’ll get the up-to-date techniques it takes to succeed as a skilled bodywork professional, including comprehensive training across a broad spectrum of eastern and western massage modalities.
Advanced Massage Therapy Program:
Austin’s Only 750-hour Accredited Massage Program
As a fully accredited Massage Therapy School, Avenue Five Institute is proud to offer a 750-hour program that has been approved by established national standards (Nationally Accredited by the NACCAS). Accreditation is a voluntary process that recognizes educational programs for having achieved a measurable level of quality, performance, and integrity. Accreditation also means that a school maintains important minimum student outcomes, including completion, licensure, and employment of graduates. In addition to serving as a reliable index of quality education, accreditation is required by US Department of Education in order to allow eligible students to participate in federal grant and loan programs.
There’s an energy at Avenue Five Institute. You feel it as soon as you walk in the door. It’s the electricity of people hitting their stride, pursuing their passions and doing what they’re meant to do.
Austin’s Only Massage School Offering Pell Grants and Federal Loans
Avenue Five Institute is Austin’s only massage therapy School approved by U.S. Department of Education to offer Federal Financial Aid to students who qualify. With financial aid, many of our students have their tuition completely covered through federal loans and grants. We can also provide payment plans for those who do not wish to apply for financial aid, or are not eligible.
Federal Loans vs. Private Payment Plans
- You will not have to start repaying your federal student loans until you graduate, leave school, or change your enrollment status to less than half-time.
- The interest rate is fixed and is often lower than private loans—and much lower than some credit card interest rates.
- Undergraduate students with financial need will likely qualify for a subsidized loan where the government pays the interest while you are in school on at least a half-time basis.
- You don’t need to get a credit check for most federal student loans and Federal student loans can help you establish a good credit record.
- You won’t need a cosigner to get a federal student loan in most cases.
- Interest may be tax deductible.
- Loans can be consolidated into a Direct Consolidation Loan.
- If you are having trouble repaying your loan, you may be able to temporarily postpone or lower your payments.
- There are several repayment plans, including an option to tie your monthly payment to your income.
- There is no prepayment penalty fee.
Avenue Five Institute also works with Federal VA programs to assist veterans, military spouses, eligible dependents of deceased or disabled veterans, and active status National Guard and Reserve personnel.
Modern Salon Magazine’s Most Awarded School 2017
Get Real-World Experience
In addition to the experience you’ll gain working in the Avenue Five student spa facilities, as a student in this program, you’ll also have the opportunity to complete a professional internship in a clinical massage setting. Internships can be a great way to get a feel for your new career and make helpful industry connections before you graduate.
Get Board Certified
Successful graduates of the advanced 750-hour program will have fulfilled the education hour requirements to be eligible to sit for the Board Certification by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) once they have earned necessary work experience.
Convenient Day & Evening Schedules
Many students work and/or care for families while going to school. This program is designed to fit the needs of busy adult learners. Choose from day or evening classes.
- Daytime Program can be completed in 22 weeks*
- Evening/Saturday Program can be completed in 43 weeks*
Successful graduates of the Avenue Five Institute Advanced Massage Therapy Program pursue careers in a wide variety of interesting and rewarding environments, including:
- Health Clubs, Gyms, and Fitness Clubs
- Professional Sports Organizations and Teams
- Marathons, Triathlons, and Special Events
- Office of Chiropractor, Doctor, Hospital and Acupuncturist
- Natural Food & Health Stores
- Wellness Centers
- Nutrition and Holistic Clubs
- Day Spas and Resorts
- Upscale & Boutique Hotels
- Cruise Lines and Destination Retreats
- Provide Services as Independent Contractor
- Provide On-site Chair Massages
- Own or Manage your own Massage Practice
- Spa Manager
- Lead Therapist
- Spa Director
- Massage Instructor, School Director, CE Provider
Many Avenue Five Institute graduates also go on to be self-employed.
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career
At Avenue Five Institute, we know massage training is about more than a certificate to hang on the wall – it’s about getting a career you love. We’re dedicated to supporting you throughout your career. Our staff is happy to offer their support to help you pursue employment opportunities.
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
Bring healing into people’s lives!
Is a Rewarding Career in Massage Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in massage therapy and exploring whether Avenue Five Institute is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For more information or to contact an Admissions Advisor, fill out the form on this page or call 512-630-0099.
For important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs, please click the links below.
*Program length when completed in normal time.