Everyone who enrolls in beauty school will need to sign a cosmetology school enrollment agreement. This agreement will clearly set out the school’s expectations of students. It will also outline financial matters clearly.
What is a Cosmetology School Enrollment Agreement?
A beauty school agreement is essentially a contract between the school and the student. This agreement ensures that the student has clear cut guidelines about what is expected of them. Listed below is some of the information found in this type of agreement.
- The amount of money the school is charging in tuition. If the student has financial aid, the amount of financial aid given to them will also be listed. The contract will state that the student has to pay for whatever financial aid does not cover.
- The student’s name and personal details. This information is required so that the parties involved in the contract have been clearly identified.
- A place for the student to sign the contract. If a student is underage, a parent will have to sign on their behalf.
- The fact that the student has agreed to enroll in the course will be stated. Also listed will be the course length, duration and completion date.
- Whether the student is full-time or part-time.
- How many hours of instruction the student is expected to complete.
- Whether or not the student has to be registered with the state’s department of health. This requirement will vary from state to state depending on the state’s laws surrounding beauty college.
- How the tuition is to be paid. For example, if it is divided into part payments, the contract will list every payment amount and its due date.
If any additional fees may be charged. This may include the cost of course equipment such as beauty supplies. Some schools will also charge students a fee if they do not complete the course material within the official time frame. An example of this is when a course consists of 1000 hours. If the student takes 1050 hours to complete the course, they may be charged for the additional hours.
- What happens to the tuition if the student drops out. If the student withdraws from their course at the last minute it is likely that he or she will have to forfeit their tuition payments.
- The daily start and finish time for the class.
- What the student is supposed to do if they are late or absent.
- What qualification the student will be awarded with at the end of the course.
- A stipulation that allows schools to terminate students who are performing poorly or violate course rules.
- The details of an emergency contact.
Questions About Beauty School Enrollment Agreements
Students who have questions about their contract should contact the school. The staff at beauty schools are very willing to answer questions and address concerns. It is important to be aware that every beauty school has a contract. These contracts exist to protect the school if anything were to go wrong.
In an ideal world, students would attend all of their classes and keep up with their work. If this cannot happen for some reason, students can look to their contract and determine what they need to do. Following the beauty school enrollment agreement may be the difference between doing well in school or dropping out.
One thought on “What You Should Know About Cosmetology School Enrollment Agreement”
I didn’t realize some cosmetologists needed to be registered with the state’s department of health. It is great that they have that information on the agreement. My daughter is considering going to cosmetology school, so I will have to share this with her.