Microblading eyebrows is the hot new trend that both our students and staff can’t seem to stop talking about! That’s because this technique can take non-existent eyebrows and transform them into beautiful ‘selfie-ready’ brows. But first, you’ll have to let a technician “tattoo” your face using a handheld device with 9 small blades that make incisions along your brow. These incisions are then filled in with a non-toxic dye.
Thick eyebrows continue to gain popularity, but sometimes it’s hard to force thick brows to grow—it’s pretty much impossible. Microblading eyebrows can solve:
- Thin, sparse brows that do not grow as thick as you want
- Blonde or light colored brows that require a lot of time to fill in each day
- You’ve tried every eyebrow powder, pencil, gel or pigment with no success
How Does Microblading Eyebrows Differ from Tattoos?
Microblading eyebrows is a semi-permanent solution to better brows, but it won’t last forever. Microblading is like tattooing because it involves implanting pigments beneath your skin, but it doesn’t go as deep as traditional tattoos and fades over time.
What’s Involved in the Process of Microblading Eyebrows?
- The process starts with a microblading technician mapping out your eyebrows based on your face shape and preferences. Be very clear about what you want.
- The technician applies a numbing cream to your brows to reduce discomfort and pain.
- Next, the tattooing begins. A handheld device containing 9 small blades is used to make small incisions in the skin.
- Incisions are filled in with a specially formulated dye that matches your ideal brow color. You sit for a few minutes while the dye absorbs into your skin before your technician removes excess dye and sends you on your way.
You may need to return for a second session to complete brows. Most people require two sessions to achieve the perfect brow.
How Long Does Microblading Last?
Overtime, your body breaks down ink and your brows fade. On average, microbladed eyebrows last for 1 to 3 years based on skin type and other factors. That’s great if thin brows come back in style, but it might not be so good for your bank account after you find out how much microblading costs.
How Much Does Microblading Eyebrows Cost?
Microblading eyebrows can cost anywhere from $500 to $1,500+, it all depends on where you go and how many sessions you require. This isn’t something to cheap out on—no one wants a bad tattoo on their face!
Is it Painful?
Your eyebrows are numbed during the process, so that’ll help dull some discomfort. But still, take a moment to imagine having 9 small blades scratching at your eyebrows… yes, it’s going to hurt a little. Plus, you can hear the scrapping sounds—yikes! No need to panic; it’s not excruciatingly painful by any means and it doesn’t hurt the entire time. Also, beauty is pain, in case you forgot.
A lot of people experience annoying eyebrow itching for up to 24-hours after the procedure.
Aftercare for Microblading Eyebrows
For the most part, microblading eyebrows reduces upkeep and maintenance, allowing you to fly out the door without applying your brows. But, before you get to this glorious stage, you’ll have to suffer through 5-full days of not getting your eyebrows wet. That’ll make things like pool parties and washing your hair quite complex. Plus, the incisions scab over within a few days and you are absolutely prohibited to pick at them.
After spending hundreds or thousands of dollars and nearly a week of recovery, microblading eyebrows should transform your brows into a powerhouse of perfection… but only if you find the right technician. The last thing anyone wants is a hideous set of eyebrows that cost $1,000+, so do your research and pick wisely. Also, keep in mind that your eyebrows could fade and look as much as 50% lighter one week after your appointment.
Have you tried microblading your eyebrows?
We’d love to hear about it! Share your experiences in the comments below.